cpython (3.3): Closes #20872: dbm/gdbm/ndbm close methods are not documented
Ned Deily
2014-06-25 18:35:36 UTC
http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/cf156cfb12e7
changeset: 91398:cf156cfb12e7
branch: 3.3
parent: 91384:92d691c3ca00
date: Wed Jun 25 13:05:31 2014 +0200
Closes #20872: dbm/gdbm/ndbm close methods are not documented
The 3.3 branch is open only to security fixes. Please don't backport
other patches to there.

https://docs.python.org/devguide/devcycle.html#summary
--
Ned Deily,
***@acm.org
Jesus Cea
2014-06-25 22:56:39 UTC
Post by Ned Deily
The 3.3 branch is open only to security fixes. Please don't backport
other patches to there.
https://docs.python.org/devguide/devcycle.html#summary
Ned, I am aware. It is a doc-only fix, like fixing a typo or correcting
an incorrect statement. It that is against policy, let me know.

That said, looks like 3.3 documentation is not "sphinxed" anymore to the
webpage, so that actually makes the point high and clear. I have a
browser tab open to check a 3.3 doc fix and it is not showing.

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
--
Jesús Cea Avión _/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/
***@jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
Ned Deily
2014-06-26 06:38:46 UTC
Post by Jesus Cea
Post by Ned Deily
The 3.3 branch is open only to security fixes. Please don't backport
other patches to there.
https://docs.python.org/devguide/devcycle.html#summary
Ned, I am aware. It is a doc-only fix, like fixing a typo or correcting
an incorrect statement. It that is against policy, let me know.
My understanding is that doc changes are treated the same as any other
code changes. As you noticed, after a release leaves maintenance mode,
its documentation is no longer updated on the web site.
--
Ned Deily,
***@acm.org
Benjamin Peterson
2014-06-26 16:21:46 UTC
Post by Ned Deily
Post by Jesus Cea
Post by Ned Deily
The 3.3 branch is open only to security fixes. Please don't backport
other patches to there.
https://docs.python.org/devguide/devcycle.html#summary
Ned, I am aware. It is a doc-only fix, like fixing a typo or correcting
an incorrect statement. It that is against policy, let me know.
My understanding is that doc changes are treated the same as any other
code changes. As you noticed, after a release leaves maintenance mode,
its documentation is no longer updated on the web site.
To echo Ned, committing a doc change to 3.3 isn't the end of the world.
We just want to make sure energy is focused on the 3 branches we do
fully maintain.