Contribute to Python.org
agrim khanna
2014-07-29 15:11:22 UTC
Respected Sir,

I am Agrim Khanna, undergraduate student in IIIT Allahabad, India. I wanted
to contribute to python.org but didnt know how to start. I have elementary
knowledge of python language.

Could you please help me on the same.

Yours Sincerely,
Agrim Khanna
IIIT-Allahabad
Victor Stinner
2014-07-29 15:40:01 UTC

You should read the Python Developer Guide:

https://docs.python.org/devguide/

You can also join the core mentorship mailing list:

http://pythonmentors.com/

Welcome!

Victor
Nick Coghlan
2014-07-30 11:46:15 UTC
Post by Victor Stinner
Hi,
https://docs.python.org/devguide/
http://pythonmentors.com/
For python.org *itself* (as in, the Django application now powering
the site), the contribution process is not yet as clear, but the code
and issue tracker are at https://github.com/python/pythondotorg and
mailing list.

Cheers,
Nick.
Nick Coghlan | ***@gmail.com | Brisbane, Australia
agrim khanna
2014-07-29 20:44:53 UTC
Respected Sir/Madam,

I have installed the setup on my machine and have compiled and run it as
well. I was unable to figure out how to make a patch and how to find a
suitable bug for me to fix. I request you to guide me in the same.

Yours Sincerely,
Agrim Khanna
IIIT-Allahabad, India
Brett Cannon
2014-07-29 20:55:54 UTC
Post by agrim khanna
Respected Sir/Madam,
I have installed the setup on my machine and have compiled and run it as
well. I was unable to figure out how to make a patch and how to find a
suitable bug for me to fix. I request you to guide me in the same.
How to make a patch is in the devguide which was sent to you in your last
email: https://docs.python.org/devguide/patch.html

Finding issues is also covered in the devguide as well as you are able to
ask for help on the core-mentoship mailing list (also in the last email
sent to you: http://pythonmentors.com/).
Post by agrim khanna
Yours Sincerely,
Agrim Khanna