Raspberry Pi Buildbot
Tal Einat
2014-06-13 10:24:38 UTC
Is there one? If not, would you like me to set one up? I've got one at
home with Raspbian installed not doing anything, it could easily run a
buildslave.

Poking around on buildbot.python.org/all/builders, I can only see one
ARM buildbot[1], and it's just called "ARM v7".

I also found this python-dev thread[2] along with a blog.python.org
blog post[3] from 2012, which mentioned that Trent Nelson would be
receiving a Raspberry Pi and setting up a buildslave on it. But I
can't find mention of it on buildbot.python.org.

So I can't tell what the current state is. If anyone is interested,
just let me know!

.. [1]: http://buildbot.python.org/all/builders/ARMv7%203.x
.. [2]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel/136388
.. [3]: http://blog.python.org/2012/12/pandaboard-raspberry-pi-coming-to.html

- Tal Einat
Gregory P. Smith
2014-06-14 03:38:04 UTC
Post by Tal Einat
Is there one? If not, would you like me to set one up? I've got one at
home with Raspbian installed not doing anything, it could easily run a
buildslave.
Poking around on buildbot.python.org/all/builders, I can only see one
ARM buildbot[1], and it's just called "ARM v7".
The ARM v7 buildbot is mine. It's a Samsung chromebook with a dual core
exynos5 cpu and usb3 SSD. ie: It's *at least* 10x faster than a raspberry
pi.

I don't think a pi buildbot would add much value but if you want to run
one, feel free. It should live in the unstable pool.

-gps