python-dev for MAC OS X
Pedro Helou
2014-06-13 09:21:04 UTC
Hey,

does anybody know how to install the python-dev headers and libraries for
MAC OS X?
--
Pedro Issa Helou

Network Communication Engineering

+ 36 20 262 9274
Tal Einat
2014-06-13 15:32:48 UTC
Post by Pedro Helou
Hey,
does anybody know how to install the python-dev headers and libraries for
MAC OS X?
Hi,

This list is for discussing the development *of* Python, not *with*
Python. Please ask on the python list, python-***@python.org (more
info here[1]) or on the #python channel on the Freenode IRC server.
StackOverflow is also a good place to search for information and ask
questions.

But while we're on the subject, on OSX I recommend using a binary
package manager such as Homebrew[2] or Macports[3] for this. I have
had good experiences using Homebrew.

Good luck,
- Tal Einat

.. [2]: http://brew.sh/
.. [3]: http://www.macports.org/
Ned Deily
2014-06-13 22:34:33 UTC
In article
Post by Tal Einat
Post by Pedro Helou
does anybody know how to install the python-dev headers and libraries for
MAC OS X?
This list is for discussing the development *of* Python, not *with*
info here[1]) or on the #python channel on the Freenode IRC server.
StackOverflow is also a good place to search for information and ask
questions.
Like Tal said. But I'm guessing you are asking about the headers for
the Apple-supplied System Pythons. On recent versions of OS X, they are
not installed by default; you need to install the Command Line Tools
component to install system headers include those for Python. How you
do that varies by OS X release. In OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you can run
"xcode-select --install". For earlier releases, there may be an option
in Xcode.app's Preferences. Or you may be able to download the right
Command Line Tools package from the Apple Developer Connection site.
--
Ned Deily,
***@acm.org